To give yourself the best chance to get promoted and noticed, spend some time on your thumbnails! Give them a title or some other graphics. This is the poster for your story! And if they are part of a series, go ahead and label each one with the title of the episode.
But whatever you upload to StoryFire, you need to have the rights to upload. So if you aren’t making original images or thumbnails on your own, you will need to find images from artists who grant you permission or find images that are free-to-use from a royalty free library or no copyright source. This list provides some resources, but pay close attention to each the license details for each resource, for example certain resources ask for you to attribute credit (always nice to do either way!)
- Unsplash - Copy, modify, distribute and use photos without permission or attribution.
- Negative Space - Free stock photos every week.
- Death to Stock - Authentic non-stock looking photos, premium paid membership also available.
- PicJumbo - Beautiful free stock photos.
- StokPic - 10 New photos emailed to you every two weeks.
- StockSnap - Not your “typical crappy stock photo site.”
- SplitShire - Free stock photos for commercial use.
- Life of Pix - Free high resolution photography.
- Gratisography - Quirky, creative, always free photos.
- New Old Stock - Vintage photos from the public archives.